Horse riding tour to rio muchacho organic farm
Cabalgatas Canoa are very excited to be offering horse tours to the Rio Muchacho organic farm and eco-lodge. It is the number one thing to do in Canoa as rated by Trip Advisor and recommended in Lonely Planet.
It’s 11 hectares have been developed as a sustainable farm and learning centre based on agroecology and permaculture principles. The property has areas of food forests in addition to a large vegetable garden, pasture and agroforestry areas, models of alternative energy, rotational animal raising areas and a meditation and yoga garden, overlooking the river. There are over a hundred crops rotated throughout the year, and the farm is home to many pigs, chickens, dogs, ducks, cats, composting worms, cows, guinea pigs, and horses.
After a memorable horse ride of around 4 hours you will arrive at Rio Muchacho organic farm. Freshly prepared meals using the farm produce are available for $5 with accommodation starting at $10. We are sure that this tour will be something you will remember for years to come!
- Hike through the jungle to see howler monkeys and swim in a waterfall
- Making cheese with fresh milk
- Making chocolate from fresh cacao beans
- Harvesting and cooking vegetables and making vegetarian treats
- Cut palm seeds and tagua to make rings and pendants
- Make your own cups and spoons from a gourd.
- Go fishing for river shrimp
- Apply a local medicinal clay face mask from the farm.
There is plenty to entertain the entire family. One day won’t be enough. There is wonderful eco-lodge accommodation available and we are certain that you will want to prolong your stay.
Our Rio Muchacho horse tour will be a fantastic way to start your time at the organic farm, book your tour today!
Canoa to Rio muchacho –$90
Rio Muchacho to Canoa – $90
2+ riders per party
Canoa to Rio muchacho –$70 per rider
Rio Muchacho to Canoa – $70 per rider