Meet our horses
At Cabalgatas Canoa, we have a wide range of 16 fit and sure-footed horses. This means there is one to suit every rider.
We like strong and well-bred horses that do not tire on even the longest rides. Not even the rugged terrain of coastal Ecuador bothers our horses!
Are you a beginner who has always wanted to try riding? We will match you with a laid back and relaxed horse who knows exactly what they are doing. For our advanced riders we will give you a responsive horse who is forward going and enjoys their work.
Our horses vary in height from around 14 to 17 hands. We have some gaited horses, which are very comfortable if you suffer from back or knee problems.
We only use high quality equipment so that you and our horses are comfortable and safe.
Our horses are barefoot for their health and to make sure they cope well with the different footing in the jungle and on the beach.
Are you a complete beginner? You might enjoy your horse tour more if you are feeling happy and comfortable in the saddle. We offer introductory lessons with our British Horse Society trained and qualified staff. We tailor our lessons to help boost confidence and enjoyment. You are taught all of the basics of horse control and communication whilst in the confines of our paddocks.
We are horse lovers and horses are very important to us. We demonstrate this through the way that we manage, train and ride our horses. If you would like to learn more about our whole horse approach, we are more than happy to show you.
We will always meet your high expectations. Let us show you our beautiful piece of paradise. It’ll take your breath away.
But dont just take our word for it. Read the reviews for yourself:
- Gavin W
We had a wonderful afternoon on beautiful horses with great company. Thanks for the memories ❤️ will book again next time we're in canoa.
1 January 2020AlexandEmily
Brilliant ride in a wonderful location with awesome horses! There are a variety of amazing horses to suit whatevery level you ride at and the price is great for the... read more
4 October 2018Resort28217193053
2 couples we went for the afternoon, what a great experience. Super friendly owner she was excellent. The horses were well behaved and we had a super afternoon. Nice ride... read more
1 August 2021
INCLUDED ON ALL OF OUR TOURS:
- Fit, healthy horse, one per rider!
- EU standard safety riding helmets available to all of our clients
- Comfortable and safe, high quality English or American tack
- Qualified and experienced guide. (Bilingual guide available for additional cost)
- Photographs and video taken on the tour
- Returning clients receive a 10% discount on their tour or lessons
FOR YOUR COMFORT AND SAFETY:
- Please wear long trousers or jeans and enclosed shoes or boots
- Bring sunscreen, sun hat and insect repellent
- To confirm booking, payment for your horse riding tour must be received in full
- If you need to cancel or modify your booking, it must be with a minimum of 48 hours notice in order to receive a refund or to reschedule
- You must be ready 15 minutes before the tour start time. If you arrive late, the tour may depart without you or be cut short, and you may lose your payment
- Inclement Weather: Canoa has varied weather and we may have to cancel with full refund or to reschedule in case of storms or heavy rains
- For the welfare of our horses a weight restriction of 100 kg / 220 lbs applies
- Riders will need to find their way to the ranch, or we can collect you and drop you off for $15 round trip to and from Canoa. (Bahia is additional cost.)